Monday, February 27, 2017

Stone Carving- The Granite Fieldstone Mortar & Pestle

This was my third finished mortar and pestle/ stone bowl. I've come up with a different way to create a "lathe" with the grinder. I am going to put to pipes on bearings mounted on the block of wood you see in the video. The friction from the grinding wheel will spin the piece like a cylinder and leave my hands free from touching the small piece of stone. I plan to do another larger one for the WellHaus pump basin that will also have a drain bored through it out to the greywater system in the future GreenHaus.





 

Jason Michael Kotarski
Jason Kotarski

4 comments:

  1. I've been interested in making my own mortar and pestle and your video on Youtube is quite helpful. I would appreciate the list of tools you used especially the size and of blade and grinding wheels with types.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,

      Thanks for checking out the video and blog! The amazon links are some of the tools I used. For this one it was the 4 1/2" angle grinder (you can also get one that comes with the water hose attachment) 4 1/2" cutting disc and grinding cup wheel, and the polishing pads. Other than that it was a good masonry chisel, 3 lb hammer and some safety equipment! Pretty simple

      Delete
  2. That's great, thanks. I missed the Amazon links somehow. I hope to follow your template on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out the Youtube channel and subscribe, need to get to 1000!!!

    ReplyDelete