Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Daytime Trail Activity!!!!

We have been noticing there happens to be more rabbits than usual this year and I suspect that predators should soon follow. Checking the trail cam confirmed that suspicion. Recently I noticed for the first time we have a weasel. I managed to catch him on the camera but he was in chase mode and the photo wasn't very good as I didn't have a chance to adjust my settings. I did catch him and I have proof so it counts, it's not worth posting until I get a sniper shot of it in action or chilling. Next up was the bobcat, I've also caught the bobcat on camera but again, my camera was setup for still shots of products and not action. The trail camera picked her up again with a different angle from the previous bobcat post Bobcat . This time it appears she has something in her mouth and has stopped as someone at the top of the screen is checking the mail. The second video is a comparison of Reilly and I, Reilly is 50 pounds (ish). I came across a cougar a couple of years ago while walking Reilly and it was easily three times Riley's size, I'd say this bobcat was 30 pounds maybe?






And even though the post said Daytime, I thought I'd add this one as I think it was a coyote. We know almost every dog around here and at 2:30 in the morning I'm guessing it was a coyote. 




No comments:

Post a Comment